19 August 2009

Things seen through the camera...

Some things that I captured with my camera last week. Not much to say other than they're rather random. I hope you enjoy!

Some art near the Montmarte steps on the side of an apartment building.
These are the famous Montmarte steps, made famous by Brassai. There are loads of them!
She's so sassy...AND she has gold and silver sneakers on! Rock on, Grannie!
One of the many highly detailed lamp bases in Paris.
A bike with one training wheel.
Not many of the original Metro covers still exist. I found one not far from the apartment.
Up and down the Seine (street level, not down by the river) are these green box-like things that open up and are to sell posters, books, art, magnets...and so on. Some art is really old and rather smelly, some are your manufactured posters that can be sold a dime a dozen (though they mark 'em up)! It's fun!
There are some restaurants, I've found, that will display freshly prepared, yet to be cooked, foods as one would find on a menu, in their shop window. That big slap of kebab is 13 Euros.
A Greek joint in France. Cool. Opa! Oui?
Tourist filled streets.
My personal favorite photo thus far. This is at a crepe stand....one can have a multitude of yumminess folded in a freshly made crepe, not just banana and/or Nutella. My preference is just Nutella. Yummmmmmmy!

1 comment:

  1. My fave is the original metro cover!! So art nuveau (sp???)

    ReplyDelete