17 August 2009

Frolicking in the Land of Happy!


Disneyland. I got super excited when I learned that Fiona wanted to all go to Disneyland for her 31st birthday. The last time I was at Disneyland was when I was 21 and it was the original location, in southern California. We all had sooo much fun! It was really weird 'cause it literally FELT like California...until the sounds of French blared over amusement ride intercoms. The one weird thing was I hardly saw any characters and I saw NO Princesses and Princes. I only saw Pooh, Goofy, the Friar, the hat of Robin Hood, Mickey from ears up, Tigger, Peter Pan and and Wendy...though they both were dancing on a High School Musical float. Shocking. And what annoyed me was High School Musical over-powered Disneyland and abused it 'til it whimpered. (Can you tell I'm not a fan of High School Musical? Don't email me to try and convince me otherwise.) The last time I was at a Disneyland, I saw a ton of Princesses I never knew existed, Xena Warrior Princess, Hercules, Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe among other fabulous characters. That was one thing that I found rather disappointing. But having Brandon and Adam and Fiona messing around and goofing off and riding fun rides made it all worth it. I hope the photos make you smile at the silliness!

It's as though I stepped off the train and ended up in southern California!
Let the frolicking begin!
Brandon sees fun and is ready to go...
This was funny. It says "Main Street USA" but it's in Paris.
Mom, this one's for you...
The boys wanted to take all of them, from all over the "land" and see if they can float away with sheer happiness and glee.
I was shocked to realize HOW similar it was! *Sigh* just like home!
They stopped frolicking to take a photo.
So did we....but we were mid frolic.
Waiting happily for a ride...
I got super excited to see "The Minneapolis" in Paris. Brandon just shook his head and laughed.
Waiting in another line...might as well take a photo!
TOYS!
Fiona's birthday treat was Disneyland. Her birthday is the same as Abby's. Abby, I celebrated you here too, at the "happiest place on earth".
Boys will always be boys...in a toystore...at Disneyland.
They went on like for 5 minutes and had Fiona and me laughing really hard!
I turned my head to find Brandon flirting with a Princess.
She's such a flirt, swishing her skirt and all...sheesh.
Ok, the Mom was just outside this picture where the baby is facing. I've never seen such an adorable and fat little Scandinavian baby so mad...I mean, doesn't she know she's at the "happiest place on earth"!? C'mon, lil' tyke, be happy!
More line waiting.
The boys found pirate hats and the Creatives get silly.
Totally had us laughing...
I think by this point, even parents were laughing at them!
...whew...
Still amazes me how it does look like so. cal.
Wheeee!
LOVE the square trees!
Someone forgot to tell these two men where they were. Lets all say it together..."THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH"!
Someone needs to sort Minnie out.
He found some happiness squared.
Fiona loves the cartoon "Stitch" and we finally found Stitch ears for her. Adam took her Pooh ears. Here is their shadow. Then Adam found Tigger ears.
She really wanted to pose like this. She had some pushy kids try and get in her shot...
This was the cutest "Minnie" ever.
Fiona's fancy dinner dress. Check out the ears. On all seriousness, the dinner I had was literally THE best meal I have ever had. Ever. And, it was at Disneyland. I know!
We didn't have many people throughout the day to fight, so when we left dinner and turned down Main Street, we were all taken aback by all the people. They were waiting for the parade.
Nothing says happy like a dancing hippo.
Though this says laughter...
Brandon and Adam saw this King Louie monkey and said he looked like me...He came home with me after such a fabulous compliment, he just wouldn't leave me alone. Never compliment a monkey. You won't be able to get rid of 'em.

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful blog! The 2 sourpuss boys at the happiest place in the world was good. Love the ears and hands, and best of all, "never compliment a monkey"!

    ReplyDelete