03 August 2009

Palais de Tokyo...the museum of great early 20th century art!

I love art. And, as I've studied it over the years, I've seen myself drawn to the Impressionist era and the art that stemmed from the Impressionists pushing art as they did. It's always blown me away thinking that Monet, Manet, Picasso, Matisse, Delauney, Dufy and Modigliani (the list goes on) all knew each other and respected each other and lived in the same area of Paris and traveled around France to seek new scenes to paint, only to defy what was going on in the world of art during that time. They weren't satisfied with art as it was. They were driven to explore and see what is new and CREATE what is new! These artists were revolutionary in what the did on canvas! The art that we get today must all credits the work of these artists who risked being rejected by all society then and who were uncertain what great impact their art will have on the rest of mankind a eighty, ninety years later.

When I walked into this museum, not really knowing what they have, I was so pleasantly surprised to find a lot of wonderful artists of this era! Here are some of my favs!
By Braque
By Delaunay
By Delaunay
By Derain
By Dufy
By Dufy
By Dufy
By Dufy (And might I add, jaw-droppingly amazing!)
Some of the details of the larger shots...
By Leroy
By Leroy (Incredibly textured paintings!!! This little room had 11 of them!)
By Lhote
By Matisse
By Matisse
By Spoerri (TOTALLY crazy pop-out art!)
By Picasso
By Picasso (both the sculpture and painting)

And finally, my favorite artist of this era...
By Modigliani
By Modigliani

1 comment:

  1. WOW...names I never knew...Dufy. That mural has to be astonishing.

    ReplyDelete