04 June 2009

Doors...without Jim Morrison.

Ok, if anyone who's really close to me and knows me, they'll know I love doors. It started a few years ago when I lived in London, I think. I guess, seeing all these old doors that were hand crafted and done so hundreds of years ago intrigues me. How some doors kept their old look while others became modern. How old doors stood strong (or weak) while modernity crept in and passes by. Who was the man that carved them? Who was the man that crafted the door knockers? Who commissioned the door? Who has walked through that door? Who sought refuge behind that door? I love doors. Their history keeps me captivated.... Here are some doors in Paris. I do hope you appreciate them, as I do!














3 comments:

  1. doors happen to be a personal favorite of mine also!! if you don't mind sharing (please, please!)...i would love copies of some of these! I think a wall of doors may be next on my list of projects for my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are spectacular! i just love all the pictures. i'll try my hand at photgraphing thai doors. they may pale in comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your doors Emily! I also love doors and windows! I "collect" graphics of doors and windows - especially "old" ones with "character" and that are "different"! Would you mind if I "copied" some of yours for my collection? I promise I won't post them on the Net for others to take.
    You have a gift with the camera. My granddaughter, Abby, also has a gift with taking pics -
    cbleich@gmail.com
    http://carolslettersfromtheheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete