26 May 2011

Paris, two years later...

Hello again!

It's been two years since I've posted but I am back now to share with you what is happening in my life and a lot has changed. Here's a quick run-down!

*I applied to and got in to Webster University's photography program.
*I moved to St Louis, MO to start the end phase of getting my degree.
*Brandon moved to a new agency, also in Paris, and moved into a new apartment which will be our first home.
*Brandon proposed to me on a beach in Malibu the day before Thanksgiving 2010. I said "YES!" (of course!)
*I finished my toughest yet but most rewarding semester and met some amazing friends along the way.
*I got an internship at Ogilvy & Mather advertising agency in Paris, France for the summer as an assistant art buyer, which is why I am here today!

Here are some photos! Enjoy the views from the apartment windows! I'll post photos of the apartment shortly!


This is the view from the kitchen window... in a little while, you'll get to see the most impressive kitchen window sight to me. Sacre Coeur. The kitchen and living room windows overlook the courtyard in our building.

Here's a wide-shot of the other side of the apartment overlooks Boulevard Montmarte. We are on the top floor, 9 floors up. It's a little tough to get the street level in the shot because the windows in our apartment are at a 45 degree angle. Soon, I will take photos of the exterior of our building from the street level and show you.

Here's a view (the Eiffel Tower is the tiny thing to the left, shooting up near where the horizon meets the street...) from the two bedrooms and bathroom. I included the roof so you can get an idea of where the apartment actually is.
There's a closer view of the Eiffel Tower...
Here's the view of Sacre Coeur from the kitchen window. I will most likely show you more views of this, depending on my favorite thing as a photographer: LIGHT!
A TINY view of Sacre Coeur...
More views from the street side windows...I love how the light completely changes the same rooftop views, depending on the weather or the time of day.
The blue and white topped building in the background is the Centre Pompidou, the modern art museum in Paris. It can be seen from the street side of the apartment.
There's the Eiffel Tower....
This is about 10 pm at night, when the sun ends up going down...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment